Quantifying laws and regulations for better water resources management
EBA water indicators measure key legal elements that can be used to support sustainable water resources management practices. These practices include systems for understanding how much water you have, where, and who is using it, inclusive planning processes, allocation systems, and mechanisms to protect water resources from depletion and degradation.
- Policy Note (June 2018): Anchoring water demand management: Articulating objectives and potential roles for the legal framework
- Conference Paper (October 2017): Water law's untapped potential for supporting water security in developing countries
- Conference Paper (September 2017): Law and water security in Asia and the Pacific
- Water Chapter - EBA 2017 Report
- Excel Data File - EBA Water Data for 2017
- Water Indicator Methodology - EBA 2017 Report
Summary of Data Collected in 2016-2017
Click below for more detailed information about each country's laws and regulations on water.